LightWave T5 lighting has proved to be a revelation for plant production. From propagation through to bloom, now there is truly a fluorescent alternative for all stages of plant growth.
T5s used in propagation will produce even growth and bushiness with short internodes and thick stems.
The LightWave Advantage
- The perfect colour temperature for plants.
- Reduced heat output allows closer positioning to plants.
- Ideal for use in enclosed spaces – less heat build-up.
- T5 fluorescent tubes maintain lumen output longer and generally cost less than HID lamps.
- LightWave T5 fixtures take up minimal space and can hang vertically or horizontally.
- LightWave T5 will support both vegetative growth AND fruiting and flowering.
The inverse square law states that light projected onto a surface is inversely proportional to the square of its distance from the source. Basically this means that the closer the lights are to the plant the better, but by a much bigger amount than intuitively expected.Halve the distance and quadruple the light. Technically-speaking, the inverse square law only applies to “point sources” of light. Since fluorescent lamps are long thin tubes, it’s more apt to consider these as “line sources”, which behave in a slightly different way. However the fact remains that fluorescent lights – even the powerful T5s – can be placed very close to the plants. The extra raw power of the T5 is considered adequate to overcome the deeper penetration of HID lights.
Limited headroomThe T5 tubes are mounted inside the reflectors so the total depth of the fitting is quite minimal. This, coupled with the closer mounting possible for T5’s, allows for plant production where headroom is limited and is perfect for use on shelving units.