Grodan Rockwool SBS (36/77) are Ideal for seed or cutting propagation, the SBS (Single Block System) come supplied in their own handy plastic tray for easy handling. Once young plants are rootbound they can be transplanted to a larger cube or pot of growing medium.
Available in two sizes 1” (25/150) and 1.5” (36/77), they are compatible with all Grodan Delta Cubes. Box of 25/150 contains 2700 cubes, box of 36/77 contains 1386 cubes.
The main difference between Polish and Dutch Grodan are as follows;
• Polish Delta 4G and 6.5G Cubes have a slightly larger hole than the Dutch version, in order to accommodate the MM propagation cube.
• Polish 25/150 and 36/77 SBS propagation cubes have a smaller hole than the Dutch version, in which to place the seed or cutting.
The benefits of Grodan rockwool
• Completely sterile and inert – ideal hydroponic growing medium. Reduced risk of pests and disease.
• Even root growth – predominantly vertical fibre structure means identical levels of resistance for each root, so roots grow evenly.
• Increased root development – structure of the rockwool is designed for optimum air / water balance and accelerated rooting.
• Uniformity – quality and structure is uniform, so water content and EC (CF) will remain the same for every plant.
• Re-wetting – Grodan rockwool is easy to re-saturate if it dries out, reducing the risk of root damage.
Nutriculture are Grodan’s master distributor in the UK.